Wonderbar:

Very good explanation, thanks!

It's just logical, common sense points, without rosy glasses one way or another. And I Haven't even touch on the temperature issue with EVs, they don't work well in the cold or in the heat. Nothing manufacturers can do about it right now, it's just the nature of the current battery tech. They could use heaters to warm up the battery in the cold weather or air conditioning to cool them in the heat, but those also takes energy, i.e. from the battery charge to operate which affects the total range. 

I am not against EV, I don't mind trying it, initially I had a Model 3 order which I cancelled, I also thought about buying the BMW i3, but with the range extender option so technically it's a hybrid. And I also have a Taycan on order.

But for my lifestyle and needs, An EV would just be a 'toy', a novelty thing. Hybrids works better for me, especially when they are performance hybrids, not fuel saving hybrids.

One of my friends who I mentioned  had walked into the Tesla store and walks out with a Model 3 same day before, he took the car on a road trip to California and back. The range is and isn't an issue for him, When he planned the trip, he had to find out where all the charging locations are, and planned his stops beforehand, a bit of a hassle as compared to a gasoline car where gas stations are everywhere and takes all of 5 mins to fill up the tank. He spend maybe a couple days planning the route. But in the end it turns out his wife has a tiny bladder and they had to stop every couple hours anyways for her to pee. The range issue turns out to be not an issue after all as he has all the time in the world to charge.

--