GRN2RSMO:

I was really looking forward to the 992. 

Then I priced one out on the Configutrator. After adding PTS,club leather, sports, performance package, PDCC, front axle lift, rear axle steering, adaptive cruise control and upgraded wheels. I come in just shy of $170k

A 991 Turbo is starting at $161k which doesn't need much additional options, what the hell is going with Porsche ? have they finally lost it ?

11 years back when I ordered my 997 GT2, I paid around $186k and this was for a 911 GT model which is considered a top dawg 911 before the GT2 RS was announced in 2011. So how did they manage to get this close in pricing with an entry level Carrera / Carrera S (385 hp / 450 hp) with engine cc downgrade Smiley

By adding few toys, gizmos and switching from analog to digital with another overdrive gear doesn't justify the price hike, it's still a 911 and it doesn't age well (base version) once the new generation is out, not sure if the 992 stands a chance   Smiley

I know I've distanced myself from Porsche because of the pricing as a starter, they seem to have forgotten the success of the 911 was it's starting price which was always well below the competition, the benchmark days are all over since McLaren released the MP4-12C and then the engine failures which started with the introduction of the 991.  So pray that you're not gonna be the guinea pig that they will be relying on to rectify the issues in the facelift with another price hike Smiley

Porsche seems to have gone megalomania with their lap times, limited edition 911's and VIP program that expires after a certain amount of time and later on lost in hyperspace, as if you're a newcomer to them if you try to make an inquiry about a new model Smiley

This generation will be missed dearly