SciFrog:

Glad you are safe!

So you are saying someone with a full pool and equipment could save their house?

The key thing with pumping out of your pool is enclosing your gasoline pump so it has air when the fire runs over you and sucks away the Oxygen, and your pump quits just when you need itSmileyWhen you resolve that, then you need to store gasoline safely [diesel is better] so it doesnt burn just when you need it.....  Alternatively, since we all have large propane tanks, a propane generator can run an electric pump... still needs to breathe.

I have 2000 feet of hydrostatic head up to a 3 million gallon tank, with the hydrant 120 feet from my house, so even when power goes out, I still have pressure.  1000 feet of double wall hose which saved my life in 1993 when the outer wall burned through in many placesSmiley

The nice thing about chaparral fires is they can be fought as long as your set up is good: sufficient cleared brush, no direct flame impingement, water source, etc.  Forest fires almost impossible to fight especially alone - mostly a N CA problem.

Takes serious balls to fly a jet into the canyons to drop Phos-chekSmiley

jet drop 11 18 2.jpg