reginos:

RC represents a type of restless mindset who wants to change cars rather frequently and always have the latest. He also wants to be at P1 on the Autobahn and therefore rejects anything with a previous model's performance. Hence he is a "serial lessee".

This is appreciated and there is nothing wrong with it as long as this makes the person happy.

Others have a different attitude, as they like the long term ownership of a car as a beloved possession. They revel in covering high mileages with their companion car and don't care about depreciation since their car will not be for sale anytime soon.

The point is for everyone to enjoy his automotive life in any way that suits him.

Smiley I can speak about the German car market only. Most regular cars, not talking Porsche Carrera GT here or LaFerrari... Smiley, have a very high deprecation right now, especially "bread and butter" luxury cars like the BMW 7 series or the Mercedes S class. Same goes to BMW 3 series, Mercedes C class and similar cars, I could continue with other brands as well. There is a certain volatile vibe in the car markets here in Germany, there is a lot of nervousness, especially with the fallout from the emissions scandal and the fact that EVs seem(!) to be the future, at least this is what politicians and car magazines are telling us. Smiley This is why buying a "regular" car is not only risky, it is dumb. Depreciation is uncontrollable for most cars and you end up with a huge loss if you are unlucky. This can even happen to cars with high demand. Nobody can predict the future. So while I understand why someone wants to buy a Huracan Performante or a GT3 Touring as keepers, I do not understand why someone would buy a new BMW 7 series or even a new Porsche 911 (991.2) right now.  Some of the lease offers out there are sensational and you have no risk whatsoever to get stuck with a car you don't want to drive anymore after two or three years.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)