4trac:
Carlos from Spain:

I see no problem in big turbo engines for high HP output, like the 991 Turbo, its the use of a downsized turbo to substitute the NA. 

As I said, the big turbo did surprise me on the road - if you can get a drive in one you should (just in the interest of scientific research, you understand...).  

Smiley

But to complete my thoughts on our Turbo drive on the subject of value:  at least here, the base price of a non-S Turbo is $184k, and that comes very well equipped incl. LED lights, rear steering, dynamic mounts, full leather, etc.  In comparison, I am seeing C4 GTS models, and most Targas, that are at or even higher than that price - optioned up somewhat of course, but still with the uninspiring 3 litre motor.  Given the night-and-day difference in power and therefore feel on the road, the Turbo base is a very interesting value proposition.  

The Turbo starts here at 205k€ and not as equipped I believe, and a C4 GTS is 160k... in your case I would definitely go for a Turbo, the engine is in another league imo.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS