Gnil:

I am in the camp with Leawood and Carlos . Actually the longer I keep a car ( to some point ) , the more I enjoy it , as it becomes ' one ' with me . The longer , the better you drive it  know how it works reach the limits . And this is probably at around 50k km .

The novelty of a car is only a very small enjoyment compared to the satisfaction of knowing the car 

Depends on the car. There are cars I just wait for the lease to run out or I just return them because they don't "fit" my driving style. Examples: E55 AMG (supercharged 2WD version), Panamera Turbo S (970), 991.1 Turbo S, Mini Cooper JCW (2012 model). Others, I would love to keep forever, like my current R8 V10 Plus but surprisingly also the E63 S AMG (if there wasn't a minor issue driving me nuts).

If the car fits my driving style, I agree, the greatest enjoyment is to know the car and be able to control it properly. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)