reginos:
dreamcar:
reginos:
dreamcar:
reginos:

If Porsche wish to regain the lead in this segment they must offer 6 cylinder engines.

Another point is that the Z4 clientele (even the M40)  wouldn't care too much about lap times and dynamic nuances. They would be more than satisfied with the style and the cultured refinement of the Z4, its undemanding turn of speed when they choose to go fast and the good quality that all recent BMWs offer.

IMO most car magazines are very removed from the criteria of the buying public.

Agree 100% with offering a six cylinder engine option! Every time I drive a 718 I come away loving the car but hating the engine!

I find no logic in the 4 cylinder strategy.

By how much have Porsche dropped their average emissions or fuel consumption by the theoretically cleaner and economical small 4 cylinders. I wonder Smiley

Maybe also the four cylinder “affordable” Porsche also makes a much bigger gulf between it and the much more expensive - and presumably profitable 991? Previous advances in the 981 made it much closer than ever before.

Porsche could have kept the Boxster/Cayman with the older normally aspirated 6 cylinder engines now that the 911s are offered with turbocharging that can give much higher outputs for any capacity. Thus they could vary the gulf between models accordingly.

It’s sad that after 15 years and five Porsche’s there is not a model that I could justify the expense on purchasing that appeals. (Money aside I would have a 991/2 GTS Coupe in a heartbeat)

--

Porsche Boxster 981 GTS Carrara white / VW Golf GTI 5dr DSG Tornado Red