Targa Tim:
RC:

Good question, I don't know if our friend did that (is there some sort of temporary license or something?), will ask. 

not just license to practise, but insurance, etc.  Not as easy as you thought.

if something bad happens and a patient wants to sue the doctor, then the location of the court case will become an issue.

when I see out of town patients, I make sure they sign a paper stating that if they will sue me, it has to happen in my city only as I'm not going to travel to their countries.

Talked to him, actually pretty easy, he used an organization for that, he works as a visiting doctor. License took almost a year though (time frame from applying to getting the license). Insurance, etc. is everything taken care of by the clinic he works for. They also pay for his accommodation. Only downside: He needs to declare the extra income in Germany, which is a bit of a bummer but it is still worth it because he only works eight hours a day and the rest is free time to spend with his family (six days per week though).

He claims that there are badly looking for female European doctors because there are lots of Arab and Persian female patients, incl. ones who want "special treatment" (wives of very rich people) and they do not like it (or aren't allowed?) to be treated by male doctors. European doctors have a very good reputation there, especially those from Germany.

There is apparently no income tax, only a small VAT and apparently not for health services. Rental cost is high though if the clinic doesn't provide accommodation.

Sounds interesting but I'm not sure my wife is ready to move to Dubai... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)