RC:
WAY:

Every video I’ve heard sounds muffled like a turbo 6 but people are insisting it’s a NA 6. So it could only mean that damn bloody regulations have ruined the sound. 

The particulate filter has ruined the sound in many cars (have you heard the new M2 Competition? Smiley), so I wouldn't be surprised... 

Heard a new 2019 E63 S yesterday, compared to it, my car is loud as a jet (and it isn't really that loud, only very noticeable). Smiley

I am very worried about our upcoming C63 S AMG convertible (delivery expected in Dec.). Heard and drove the car at an event and I am quite disappointed. It sounds OK when the engine is turned on and when you drive at lower rpm but once you accelerate full throttle, the sound gets a bit generic, not that deep V8 "scream" I am used from this engine. Smiley The particulate filter ruined the sound.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

I am looking at a low mileage used C63 possibly, this seems to be the sensible buy, huge savings on new price, the pre-filter wonderful V8 bark, and depreciation seems epic on these, at least here in the UK, new price £70k, used ones with less than 1k miles £12k cheaper, and fully loaded with options.

--

Porsche Boxster 981 GTS Carrara white / VW Golf GTI 5dr DSG Tornado Red