I'm very fractured on the new 992.  The latest news stories bring hope of a 911 with great dynamics, yet each passing generation loses something of the magic that made Porsche special years and years ago.  The new technology in the 992 sounds amazing but as we all sadly know technology has a tendency to muddle a pure tactile experience by its perfection.  I'm not perfect nor do I always all products around me to be perfect.  I know that this is an old problem that first emerged at the start of the industrial age manifesting itself as the Arts & Crafts movement and then morphing into the Bauhaus movement and finally into post-modernism.  That's great from a design and technology standpoint and as I write this post, an older early 1970s 911 in ivory has roared past my city patio.  That car still looks and sounds special with nothing artificial or forced about it.  

The new 992 will be a tremendous drive, but for some of us, our long drives are two hours or less.  Couple this with the lower speeds found on American roads, a Chevrolet Spark, a surprisingly decent economy car, offers almost an identical driving experience.  It is only when one becomes a malcontent or goes to the track that the Porsche will shine.