RC:
the-missile:

5-10 minutes for a full charge? Where? Smiley A customer of mine has a P85D and we just talked last week about the charging infrastructure. It takes around 70 minutes to fully charge the car from almost empty to full with a Tesla Supercharger (120 or 130 kW, don't remember). Charging the car over night at home takes the whole night (didn't ask how many hours) and a special charger. He would have never gotten the Tesla without the home charging possibility. He told me that most Tesla drivers he knows usually charge the car only for 20 minutes or so at the next available Supercharger, just to keep the car running. Not many seem to do full charges.

On the street? There are solutions in some Scandinavian cities but I don't think they would work in a country like Germany for example. Many fuel stations in city areas in Germany are small, maybe six or eight fuel pumps.

I do not think this would work with most people, too impractical. I get annoyed when I have to stop for three minutes at the fuel station. Smiley Usually I am tired from work and just want to get home. In the morning, I am eager to get to work, no time for fueling up the car.

Porsche and VW charger will use the 350KW base to start...forget Tesla. there is technology development going on with massive consortium between brands. Tesla is to be rewarded for manufacturer to look at other direction in regards to car and way of transport. the tech part will come from the real car manufacturers...

the petrol is a finite quantity, we just can't keep throwing it in cars for ever. it will stop at some point. we need to transport people and goods with infinite renewable energy.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014