Tried a 2S with pdk and sport chrono today. I like the tail lights - modern and rather unique to be honest. Old ones look dated.

In normal D mode, the car is smooth but slow to react if you are cruising and suddenly want to overtake slower traffic. You have to really work hard to extract perf out of this mode. In this mode, rev counter rarely exceed 2k. My 335 can kill this 2S anytime in this relax driving mode.

Car starts in 1st gear vs 2nd in the old model tips.

In sport mode and plus mode, the car is very fast even in D and shift very smoothly at high speed. Not jerky at all. I understand Porky Tokyo now, it gets jerky in slow traffic, but after a while if you control the throttle properly, it can be smooth as butter.

In manual mode, again the shift is very fast and i have no problem whatsoever with pull up for down and push down for upshift. With pdk, i really dont see the point of manual shifting - may be for overtaking in normal D?

If one must compare pdk and stick in terms of perf, i think pdk will win but it is a very personal decision.

I also find this engine ( with pdk gearing ) more willing to rev at all range compared to tips. The tips seems to hesitate around 4k for a while before going into 5-6k. With pdk, it goes up from 3k to 6k in almost very gear very easily.

Fuel consumtpion is ridiculously low, a mixture of hard driving/city traffic/motorway, I get 17L/100km, which is the same as my 335 and better than by A6 quattro. I wonder how the DFI can be this efficient. For those who look for a 'green' perf car, look no further.

Steering is lighter but sharper than the old model. This is a big plus for me. The car is very stable but yet very very agile. It actually feel light.

Suspension is very comfortable in normal PASM mode but get very bumpy when I switch to sport mode. For me, I seriously doubt if Sport PASM ( another 10mm lower ) is suitable for daily drive - then again depending on your road condition and I strongly suggest that you at least try out the normal PASM before ordering the Sport PASM.

Coming out of roundabout, almost full throttle, the rear end did not spin. Maybe I did not drive hard enough, maybe I can save myself the LSD, maybe I didnt hear/feel the spin.

Exhaust is quiet inside and so PSE is good for those who enjoy the the engine notes.

Lastly on brake, it is as progressive as the old one but it seems to stop easier. In the old car, you really had to step on it hard to stop from high speed.

Overall, I am happy with pdk and the new model is better than the old tips model. The car is certainly easier to drive fast now which is not a bad thing to most.

I have already put down a deposit few months ago and will not regret.

This is only a layman's review of the new pdk and I am sure a better driver will uncover more in this 1.5 hr test drive.