They key thing is a...thing. In Germany, in order to make an insurance claim, you need to present all car keys (usually two). Even if they break in into the house to steal the keys, there is a lot of claims and proof stuff involved, sometimes some insurances even try to prove that you kept the keys "unsafe", so they don't have to pay. Not a situation you want to be in. "Best" thing is: They steal the car, you still have all keys and everything is good.

My wife is someone who almost learned the key thing the hard way: Someone in her fitness club stole her phone from the locker (my wife didn't close the locker door properly, she was in a hurry). Lucky for her: The Porsche Cayenne car key was in her bag as well. If the thief would have stolen the car, my wife would have been responsible for the whole value of the car. Smiley  My wife was shocked, she didn't even know this. Now she pays a lot of attention where she keeps the car keys, especially when she is in the gym or in a hotel.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)