Wow, AUM, your bitterness towards Porsche is scary! It seems now you've entered the "capitulation" phase of the argument, where drastically illogical statements (GT-R = GT2) are made just to annoy people.

I am extremely critical of Porsche many times, of my Turbo even more often, but I also recognize Porsche's several strengths and the tremendous engineering talents within the company. I feel very lucky to own a Porsche and feel sorry for you. Please take a few days off from this forum or something . Why go to a forum of fellow enthusiasts for a particular brand of car and harbor such bitterness? What has happened during your 996 Turbo (another great Porsche) ownership to cause this?

Quote:
AUM said:
The Nissan 7.29 claim cannot be proved or disproved so let's stick to what we know from independent tests. The GTR laps very close to the GT2 in most tests. http://www.fastestlaps.com/index.php?page_id=compare&car1=4717b80e35715&car2=46a06c22ab41a

Given this evidence it seems possible that the GTR and GT2 are also close at the Ring. We know the GT2 Ring time. Why not come to terms with the fact that the GTR is a very fast car (with styling, image and maybe reliability problems). And wait for the Sport Auto test for the final verdict.

Witch hunts lower the standing of Porsche owners.