Quote:
Despite, if I sit in my new 535D I have almost more fun and more Luxury in the same time as with my Carrera S Convertible

Hmmm ... i own a x3 3.0sd and a 335d ... and shure those cars have powerful engines with much low-end torque ... but ... a carrera, even a base modell is a lot of fun, when driven with some effort ... the BMW Diesel are pure transportation ... fast and efficient and that's it.

I cannot understand the praise for the new M3 ... i personally don't like the chassis in combination with the stock rims and tyres ... lack of grip ... unstable on bumpy surfaces on the break when driven hard ... and ... where are the 420 HP ??? Especially the convertible seems to eat them all with its excessive weight And it takes a lot of gas for its performance.

A base 997/2 will outperform the M3 ... yes, i know ... on the paper the M3 is supposed to be faster ... but real life tells another story ... we tested the cars back to back together with an Alpina B3 using a Performace-Box.

Personally i'd prefer a BoxsterS over any BMW as a fun car.

For mainly Autobahn-bashing i could live with the BMW.

As for the Panamera ... i think it will the benchmark as far as dynamics and handling in the limousine mass market is concerned.

Cheers