Leawood911:
bluelines:
SciFrog:

Very scary and part of the reason why I have no desire to move back to Europe.

Smiley

Is this a behavior only found in Europe?

I guess one could apply the same logic to US school shootings.

We only have shootings in gun free zones. Everywhere else you and your car are perfectly safe. (Do we really need to school another European on basic freedoms and self defense here in the US?  Worry about your next knife bans instead please)  cheers and please have a sense of humor.

After a couple weeks in southern Spain where my dad lives in a gated community (Soto Grande) behind a locked gate and several locked doors I am glad to be back in Kansas where I can leave my garage door open for days while out of town and not one person would walk into my house.  People are just not as desperate in the Midwest I guess. 

Its not about being less deperate in the midwest, its that the midwest is nowere, you cant cant compare it to Soto Grande, which is the type of area that attracts criminals, midwest does not, and yet there is plenty of crime and violence in the midwest, I lived there for 6 years.

As someone that has lived in both sides of the ocean for many years I can say without a doubt that the crime rates, the violence of the crimes, violent deaths, social and racial conflict and violence in general is much higher overall in the US on average. There are better and worse places on both sides but on average there is no comparison.

Just compare how the US cops need to act compared to EU cops that some don' t even carry guns or never have to use it because we dont have an arms race here. In the US the same situation of breaking into your house while you sleep would of probably been done at gunpoint and with violent consequences, instead of the stealthly m.o. like it was done to Kobalt...

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS