Quote:
nberry said:
I am becoming increasingly concerned that Ferrari is following the path of Porsche. The California GT is the first step. It is a Ferrari Boxster.

There may be no place for me to go in the car ownership world. If that happens, I will consider Porsche again. Why spend the money?

See. Nick, you are now beginning to understand why I frequently stand up for Porsche's philosophies. I've been driving the products for 30 years and have generally been very satisfied with them. If Porsche was to change track now, or even go bust (nearly happened just 15 years ago, after all!), there would also be "no place for me to go in the car ownership world".

Quote:
Carlos from Spain said:
I'm just shocked you just said you would consider a Porsche... you have always made clear that you don't like the looks, the lack of exclusivety, the engine placement, and a long ect. Surely you'd consider Lambo or Aston before Porsche

Keep up the good work, Carlos. We can't have Nick driving a Porsche. It would ruin the brand's image!

Quote:
Carlos from Spain said:

Also, you are aware that after all this time, if you ever purchase a 911 you will never hear the end of it from us in the forum don't you?

That wouldn't arise. Nick would desert rennteam and spend all his time on some Ferrari forum telling other members what cr@p their car is and that they should trade it for a Porsche!