Quote:
ISUK said:
Quote:
dreamcar said:

I was in my Porsche dealer last Saturday taking my car in for a service, I was looking at the cars in the showroom and all the salesmen just sat in their offices chatting and drinking tea. I guess that they are not used to having to try hard to get sales!

The realities of working in a recession are going to be a shock for some of the younger people in the OPC network who've only ever known the good times. There will be redundancies before long amongst them and some dealers may not survive. I know of one who is looking to ditch the franchise and have heard from a couple of independent traders of OPC's peddling used cars out to the trade at seriously knocked down prices to make it appear as though their stock is turning over.

The message must have got through! I went down to collect my Boxster after it's 2 year service and the salesman tried everything he could to sell me a 3 month old ex demonstrator Carrera C4S, 4,000 miles, cost new Pounds84,000 for less than Pounds70,000 and offered me Pounds3k+ over book price trade in. Take the car away for the weekend to get to know it, no obligation etc etc.

It took determination of steel and dire threats from SWMBO to walk away from the deal.