Quote:
fritz said:
Quote:
WAY said:
Quote:
fritz said:
Quote:
WAY said:
Yeah that is good and all, but a GT-R also won Targa West in Australia last month against factory fielded GT2...

The factory has not fielded the 997 GT2 road car in any competitive events.

I should clarify what I meant here. My understanding is that the car is fielded by Porsche Australia, which is fully owned by Porsche AG. The team that supported it is the same team that maintains and supports the Carrera Cup cars.

I'd be surprised if Porsche Australia has a motor racing team, so am more inclined to think that the correct understanding would be that the Carrera Cup team fielded a 997 GT2 road car in this rally, maybe with some moral and/or financial support from Porsche Australia.

I'm not trying to start an excercise in semantics here; I just think that since Porsche has not had any factory involvement in any motorsport activities with either the 996 or 997 GT2 models here in Europe, it would be extremely unlikely that it would suddenly get involved in some round-the-houses race on the other side of the world. Porsche is a much too tightly-run operation these days to do that sort of thing on an ad hoc basis.

No need to worry. This video referred to above shows a cross-country rallye. The GT2 has clearly not been developed for rallyes but for races on the track...