bluelines:

I drove behind a new Lambo model yesterday. Not sure which. It did not sound nice at all enlightened Lots of artificial sounding pops and blurbs on the overrun. 

Are you sure that it was a Lamborghini at all :) Both the V10 and the V12 are masterpieces of engine sound. They have to be experienced behind the wheel. With the V12, that's all you get - brutal engine experience. And the looks. With the Huracan you get the perfect compromise between exotic feeling and true performance and engineering. Yes, there are compromises with the visibility and to a certain extent the steering feel but the car felt to me more composed and far better calibrated than the Turbo S. All those fears of understeer as reported by the jounalists...Maybe if you drive on a track or like a lunatic. I drove quite fast on SR222 in Tuscany (part of Mille Miglia) with far more confidence than the 458 I drove on the way back. To get anywhere near the levels of fun you can get with those two cars with e TTS, you'll have to drive like a lunatic. 

It's a pity that Porsche is not even trying to compete in this league. Their GT cars are seriously underpowered and the Turbo S is to plain. It does a perfect job of being my daily driver but when I am in that special mood for "driving" I don't feel like I have something "interesting" in the garage....and yet it's list price is EUR 225 000...

Some Porsche manager admitted that they were short on engineering resources...Too busy developing 4-cylinder engines, diesel SUV's and sedans for desperate housewives and other Porsche wanna be's and countless 911 derivatives. Their biggest innovation will be the re-introduction of the manual gearbox in the GT range "for the purists" (80% of which can't actually shift). All that instead of astonishing the loyal clients for their most expensive serial model. But I guess it all makes perfect business sense....for now.