RC:
pmarkow:
EnglishManInNY:

AutoExpress 991.2TTS v 488 GTB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnPLatqIEtU

sutcliffe is loosing it.

I don't think so... I heard the 488 recently (interior and exterior) and this is probably the first Ferrari I would call (almost) boring. The only advantage the 488 seems to have over the Turbo S is the emotional part regarding the interior and exterior.

the emotional part is 80% of the supercar experience. why pay 200K euros otherwise unless we are talking track performance (which is not the domain of either car).

Everything else, well... Smiley Actually, I would choose neither, I would go for the Huracan, the new R8 or the F12. Maybe a McLaren in-between as well but the 488? The first Ferrari I wouldn't choose even if I could afford one.

the R8: same story as the turbo S. looses out fully in the emotions department. fugly. mclaren: just another turbo, what does it have over it the 488? F12: sure, why not. just annoyingly many petrol station stops. huracan: has many things to go for it, except the tunnel vision of the world it gives you from the inside.

Performance in real life comparisons is basically the same indeed because most people will stay in the speed range below 200 kph (125 mph).

exactly right. same thing performance wise. so what counts is the emotions it gives you.