I visisted a dealer yesterday and the rep took me to the back lot for exclusive time with a 997S. It is better looking in person. The "smile" looks much better in person than it does in print. I was surprised to see just how similar the center console buttons are to the cayenne design -- but it works. There are a lot of small buttons but it doesn't overwhelm. The "S" was Black/Black, standard leather. I was worried that the standard leather might be disappointing compared to full leather -- it is not! The standard seats are great -- adjustable lumbar support works like a dream.

I was able to start the "S" and the sound was great. There was a regular 997 parked right next to the "S" and the dealer started it so I could hear the difference. The "S" does sound more throaty, more growly -- but some of you experts can probably opine on this better than me.

I am so excited. My build date is sept 20th -- and then at least a 3 week wait to the east coast. I CAN'T WAIT!! You think porsche will expedite my order if i call and beg? Doubt it!