Unless you are racing with these cars and no one will race them because they are road cars half a second here or there is not important IMO. What I value more is the subjective ranking of cars because this is closer to what the road driver will be able to realise and a better indication of the pleasure he will derive from driving his car.

The GT-R was weak in this area. I quote the magazine:

"While it predominately understeers slightly, it can easily be provoked into snap oversteer. That was fun, but the GT-R is violent when it breaks loose; the R8, in contrast, drifts sweetly. The "R" mode really isn't a race mode-there's still a lot of stability control working, which is fine for the average guy but frustrating for me as a race driver. And before you turn stability control completely off, boy, you'd better have a lot of car-control clinics under your belt. The R8 is much more refined, a muscular dancer. The GT-R is a wrestler."

Very graphically the athletic dancer vs. the sumo fighter! Which one would you choose?

As regards the Porsche it was ranked 4th which is not bad being the oldest car compared to those above it. IMO with DI (+30HP atleast), PDK and sorted PTM the FL turbo will end all this japanese hype!

In the meantime hail the new king, the Audi R8!