Quote:
Crash said:
Quote:
Georgie997S said:
Quote:
KresoF1 said:
So, our Greek Porsche fanatic comments again...

RS6 Sedan 580ps/650Nm/1975kg(3.4kg/ps)

M3 Limo 420ps/400Nm/1605kg(3.8kg/ps)

New RS6 sedan is capable of 8.03min Ring time with sport tires. M3 Coupe achieved 8.05min with Cups...

RS6 Avant achieved 1.15,7min on Hockenheim with P Zeros and M3 Limo achieved 1.15,2min with Michelin PS2. RS6 sedan is according to Audi almost 1s faster on Hockenheim then Avant(little bit different suspension setup).

Regarding 997.2CS... It do not have any chance against RS6 on the autobahn... PDK or not...

Of course, on ANY track 997.2CS is faster...

Hope it's right... this piece of info will change ALL laws of physics taken into account in automotive engineering then. I'm not bothered, but I'll wait and see. Sorry for believing that a 2 ton car will actually perform really bad on the track, but let's wait and see. You maybe right. Things could be surprisingly good for RS6.

Well, the GT-R seems to be able to beat cars that are 300 kg lighter and of similar power with 1800 kg, so I don't see why this wouldn't beat an M3. Most likely not as fun to drive as an M3 (duh!), but an absolutely awesome everyday car nonetheless. It will be a great buy after a year when used specimens will be selling for 60-70.000 euros.

The GT-R my friend is not a 2 ton family car. The shape of the car is a very significant factor on the track. A very good example is the M5. It's a very fast car on a straight line, but if you track it you'll see a Honda civic type-r stuck in the M5's tail trying to overtake... It is very important to compare the cars taking into account some decent factors. The GT-R is only a little bit heavier than other cars in the same category, but its shape allows a really long wheel spacing and a suspension that is not comfortable at all... That means it can turn like it's still on a straight line. The RS6 is a different story. A family car does not allow a large wheel spacing and it certainly doesn't allow such an "uncomfortable" suspension. I think you get my point.