Grant:
996FourEss:
throt:

PPF and then CC is worth it, imo, Nik & Gnil..

Out for a drive on our sunny Sunday here and the flies on the front end just wiped off, you didn’t have to rub them off. Without the CC on top of the PPF the crap on the body would be much harder to remove. I do however remove dead bugs straight away after a drive, those dudes eat all sorts of acidic crap indecision.

So, it’s PPF for protection against stone chips and the CC for protecting against bird crap, tree sap and all the other general fall out. Also, the CC makes drying the car a absolute breeze, your lint free cloth will just glide over the body work.blush.

Wow, after reading the above I am popping up to my bathroom to check if I still have chest hair no indecision..

Does having a CC coating impact the resale value of th car at all I wonder? Thoughts?

I think it may, but I wouldn't expect anything more than a fraction of the original cost.  Same with PPF, but if it prevents chipped paint or repainting, then it improves the resale indirectly...

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

I would say, NO, nothing , not one cent . Even PPF will probably not make any difference are resale . I sold my former RS myself , had no PPF , quite a lot of stone chips, and it did not change anything in the resale price . Customers where not worried about it one bit . Maybe if the car had only a few thousands miles I makes a difference , but once the car is over 10k miles ,  buyers find it normal to have stone chips . At least that was my experience when selling 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS