Yesterday, the sales manager called me and said both PCNA and PAG got involved to determine the reason for the delay. What they learned is that since I had ordered the extended dash leather with stitching, steering column leather with stitching and door panel leather the car has to be built in two different factories. My car was suppose to exit Zuffenhausen yesterday and taken to another factory for the leather work (I assume where they do the CXX stuff). However, for some reason it did not exiting Zuffenhausen yesterday. They will check today if there has been an update. They are still projecting a September completion date if not sooner. He also told me that September cars do not have transport information so final delivery still up in the air.

Of course much of this is nonsense. Porsche knew what I had spec'ed and gave me the early completion dates. I have ordered similar items before and never any delay. The items I ordered are not CXX items. Now by ordering this items they delay production of the car?

My concern is Porsche pulls cars from production lines for QC inspection. The cars that are pulled usually are delayed up to three weeks. The QC is quite extensive and the reason why its takes 3 weeks. My sales manager doesn't know if involves my car. The other concern is during production my car was damaged or not constructed correctly and was pulled for repairs. Again, my SM said it was not aware this happened with my car.

Bottom line is I won't see me car until October at the earliest unless because of the attention it is receiving from PCNA and PAG the factory expedites the process. Right and pigs fly.indecision

--

Being adventurous can be risky but routine is lethal.