Quote:
ADias said:
Quote:
JoeRockhead said:
One thing that gets overlooked with Porsche when people drop performance numbers is MPG and CO2. I think Porsche should be commended along with BMW in continuing to increase the power of their engines and reducing consumption and emissions at the same time. I drove to the cottage and back this weekend, around 300 miles round trip, and I averaged 25 mpg while exceeding the speed limit by a reasonable amount. Not bad for a 355HP car.

Actually peak HP has little to do with economy - it's how low you can drive it and low end torque. My C6 (w/ 436HP and 428lbft) can do 31MPG driven at 65MPH. The new 997.2 engine has more low-end torque and can therefore be driven more economically.

That's an easy way to dismiss their accomplishment. The Veron has 1001HP / 922lbft and gets 8/15mpg (offical EPA numbers). You'd think with that torque it'd be getting around 60mpg.

www.fueleconomy.gov lists your car as 14 city/24 hwy. The C2S is listed as 18 city/24 hwy. I was doing around 15 km/h over the limit with cruise on and got 24.8mpg (on 94 octane) according to the trip computer. I seriously doubt you would ever see 31mpg unless you were going downhill the whole way.