Quote:
Orient Express said:
You should be getting between 17 and 24K miles out of the rears. One thing that can help stretch out the life of the rears is to make sure that the rear alignment had the camber set to as close to 0 degrees as possible. many alignment setups will dial in lots of negative camber which will enhance the handling, but will eat up the inside tread of tire.

The fact that you (Greentree) report that you wear the inside edge of the tire faster than the outside, I'd recommend less camber, as well. I don't know if "as close to 0 degrees as possible" is really the correct setting, but "less" is certainly wise. Find a good shop in your area and make sure they listen to your concerns. When you had the alignment before, they may not have knows you were so concerned about tire wear, or they may not have changed the camber if they didn't have a strong reason to (assuming it was the same, side to side). A good shop can help you choose the right numbers for you.

The disadvantage of less camber is less grip is available for hard cornering. However, if you're wearing the inside edge of the tires faster, you're not using that grip much of the time.

As a side-note: Where in Texas are you? If you're in the Austin area, Nugget and I can probably help you find a good shop (ok, can definitely help you find a good shop - we know a few ).