Carlos from Spain:
alexalex88:

Your hate towards Musk makes you hate everything he is involved in automatically.

Hate? Dont even know the guy, just in this thread I posted about how good was the idea of Musk's Starlink internet and hope he pulls it off. Take off the Muskite goggles and dont prejudge anyone that says something you dont like about him. It is what it is, the above paragraph Bluelines cited was spot on.

I'm not pointing anyone Carlos. But imho most of you/the guys around here criticize every single move coming from him.

I fondly dislike Tesla poor interior, battery drain when the car is pushed hard, etc. But they nailed it manufacturing the first good looking EV + an astonishing performance.

I'm not a huge fan of his (lack of?) managment in front of Tesla. However I applaud his initiative.

I'm not a huge fan of EV either, ICE guy here. However I embrace the innovation when done properly and I admire how such a "small" company like Tesla has shaked up an almost monopolystic industry as the car industry is.

I'm not a huge fan of Tesla's stock volatility. But it's true that there have been gurus trying to predict company's end for years and they have failed miserably until today. There are lot of factors to consider further other than Tesla production  wreck.

On the other hand you (again, not you personally but lots of members from RT) seem to be really excited about hypothetical plans and proyects from VAG f.e. Having said that, this same excitement doesn't apply to Tesla, don't know why, when the american company has thousands of cars out there (knowledge) and millions of electric kilometers (data).

Unlike some of the electric car nut here. or those from the EV forums, most of us here are fairly objective instead of blindly drinking Musk's koolaid. Most of us are quite successful in what we do and we don't get to where we are today by blindly believing some wild tales as told by some wild guy.

Why are we critical of what Elon said? Cause most of what he said are plain lies and fairy tales. The books are all there, the numbers are all there, Elon try to sugar coat stuff to make them go down easy, but if anyone just spend some time reading the reports and one can see that Elon is just doing PR stunts playing with his numbers every time. 

Tesla is not a highly established entity yet, and Elon is not helping by posting fairy tales after fairy tales and unrealistic numbers. Hence the skepticism. Porsche on the other hand has a long history already, and everything they have ever said are all understatements, their actual product always exceed what they had promised. That's why. When is the last time Porsche didn't meet their expectation, vs how many times Elon had postpone his production target?