RC,
No I have not test driven the 997 yet. With regards to my skills, I hold and FIA C license, have owned and raced a Supercup car and currently own a 160HP race version of Lotus Elise so though I'm certainly not in the real pro leagues I can hold my own with pretty much anyone. The 2 back seats advantage of the 997 is a real plus. I have a young son (5) that would love to drive with me and his mom... On the other hand, there is something sooooooo special about a Ferrari and the F1 box that I just can't get it out of my system. Maybe the trick is to get the Ferrari for 2 years and then just see what happens. When I drive (I have office near London and near Leicester, 2 hours away from london) I'm mostly on the phone anyway so I don't think that I really need a 997 or a F to do that...
It's a real tough choice, even more complicated by the fact that the residual values on F are incredibly high here in the UK so there's a good chance that i could drive one for a full year for less than 10,000 pounds, everything included. It seems like it's just too good a deal to pass!!!
I am however very confused... I guess that I now need to drive the 997
JM