Quote:
Alex_997TurboRSC said:
One thing I question though is are these dramatic changes everyone is reporting more to do with the change of alignment, or the Bilstein's?! Most people have them done together so it's very difficult to say.

What I can say for sure is that my handling changed dramatically just with a 'fast-road' alignment. Steering was sharper, and the car felt like it was dancing around corners.

The Damptronic's are currently high on my wish-list but I have my doubt of any resulting significant changes from the feel of the car as I have it now.

I tend to agree with you. Most guys probably don't go to the track (in fast run groups) so you're relying on anecdotal reports from driving on the twisty public roads...not that there's anything wrong with that....as Seinfeld said.
My stock alignment was -.8/-1.5 f/r, I recently 'track aligned' it to -1.0/-2.0 f/r at stock ride ht with R cmpd tires. I find that is a really great track setup in sport mode, esp on a track like pocono or watkins glen. I could see a small additional benefit from some champion springs, but shock life will be shortened.
To each his own, but I think if you properly aligned your car in stock trim the difference would be minimal at best on the track.
C