the-missile:
reginos:

I've noticed that as from July 2018 the advertised CO2 and fuel consumption figures have gone up. At least for BMW that I checked.

Is this due to any new and revised measurement methods now in force

When I asked at the dealership they said measurements are now done on the road not through a static simulation, but I am not sure they know!

If true, probably these changes are holding back Porsche production and sales.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

the new system is to be shown from 1st of Jan, 2019.

they have both method in place, new car model get the new method, dying model is still granted 1 full year to advertised as per old method. example, 991 with 3RS and Speedster are dying model they will follow the old method.

992 is new model, they will follow new method.

so expect CO2 ad to be up during the coming month for any type of cars and then starting to go down again with upgrades and so on.

new method is done with selected options rather than base model, more kms, more speed, blablabla...

BMW are installing the new engines with particulate filters as from 1/7/2018. So, although the models are pre-existing they are now advertising on the basis of the new method. Unless the particulate filters increase CO2 and consumption under the old method or a new engine on an existing model automatically defines it as new.

I had a 2-series coupe on order and it was held back awaiting the new engine but now the measurements are not as favourable as a month ago!

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"