Welcome to Germany. Smiley Smiley

Careful: The Autobahn may be unrestricted in some parts but when there is a speed limit (often indicated by electronic speed signs), you better be careful. Also lots of video surveillance cars on the Autobahn, driving behind you and checking your speed and behavior. There are also often distance measurement cameras at bridges (the ones spanning over the Autobahn, even small ones) and this can get pretty expensive. Just saying...I assume you have a rental and rental companies usually charge their customers for traffic tickets.

Back to the sales "stop" in Europe: Pretty bad for dealers right now, especially for sales persons. They basically make no living and have to live off their base salaries (which aren't great) and savings. Some larger dealerships seem to have promised to somehow compensate their sales persons for their losses but others seem to be in a legal fight with their sales persons because of that. Not pretty right now I think. Smiley

It doesn't only affect Porsche: My Audi sales guy just quit his job because he didn't see any perspective in the near future. He wanted to switch to Porsche or Lamborghini but his boss said he doesn't need him there. Amazing and very pleasant guy, wonderful person and extremely customer oriented (Americans would love him), I tried to get him a job with my Porsche dealer but right now, they are not looking for new sales personell, which is understandable. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)