bluelines:
SciFrog:

More importantly the California is a cool exotic car, the regular 911 has long lost that cachet around here.

Now you are talking about exclusivity, not about functionality. That is important to some, not to me.

The other points I mentioned invalidate the California as a choice for me. Even though the California is more powerful it is also a whopping half a minute slower than the 911 GTS around the Ring. Heck there are SUVs faster around the Ring than the California (no, not the Macan Turbo). That tells me all I need to know about it’s handling and purpose. I don’t want a GT cruiser, I want a sports car.

If you have found a way to use even 50% of the potential of you GTS with two infants in the back and a wife in the front, you have done real good. The F might be slower, but it is also more fun to drive and the ownership experience as a whole is on another level. After 6 years, every time we take the California out it is an experience despite our model being the first and slowest of the models. The old 911 convertible was replaced in the past by a Vantage roadster which is still in the garage after 11 years when all other Porsche “sport” cars are long gone. Go figure.

AWD is very important if you drive in the winter. But seriously, when you know it will rain, there is no point using the kind of cars we are talking about. Take out the Macan GT3 convertible EV Smiley