bluelines:

Thanks wink

How do you rate it against an RS6? Any specific plus or minus points?

To be honest, in my opinion the RS6 looks a little bit better, especially compared to the E63S station wagon (matter of taste maybe) but the interior is nicer in the E63, especially with the AMG Performance Seats and the E63S is the newer car and it is immediately noticeable once you drive it and use the entertainment system.

I drove a RS6 Performance a couple of weeks ago again, so I can make a pretty good comparison.

Chassis-wise, the RS6 stands no chance vs. the E63S, the cars are worlds apart, seriously. They feel basically the same when driving straight but once you switch to a more dynamic driving mode, driving through twists and turns, the E63S seems to be much more nimble, the RS6 always reminded me a little bit of my wife's Cayenne S Diesel. It is a fast car in curves but it lacks the fun feel and directness of the E63S. The steering in the E63S is also more direct and precise, however I think it should be a tiny bit lighter (RS6 steering feels a bit lighter but also less direct).

Then, there is the exhaust/engine sound. Huge disappointment in the RS6, even with the Audi Sport exhaust (made by Akrapovic). The E63S has a nice V8 sound, not as loud as I hoped for in the lower rev range but pretty awesome once you pass 4000 rpm.

Also, a new RS6 is coming (probably next year)...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)