Quote:
nberry said:
I predict that if HvS does 7.40 or less in the GT-R, you and the rest of the Porschephiles will claim that Nissan gave him a souped up car. As long as a manufacturer other than Porsche achieve performance parameters that Porsche's are unable to do, Porschephiles will claim fraud.

It really is becoming tiresome and frankly embarrassing for a board with so many knowledgeable sport car enthusiast. Sad, very sad.

Nick, as is your habit you are distorting the views expressed by other posters to suit your own unfathomable purposes.
My guess is that a lot of the people who have doubted Nissan's claimed N'Ring time here have - like me - not just because it is a Nissan, any more than they (or I) doubt the times claimed for the Radical or the Pagani.

I just doubt that that time can be achieved by a car with the GTR's publicised power-to-weight figures on any street legal tire, and therefore think that if the time was actually achieved then the car was a "Ringer" in the two senses of that word that could explain it.