Quote:
AUM said:
I just saw the graph on Drivers Republic and it does look like the GTR touches 290 km/h at Schwedenkreuz.

Yes I saw it also. Must be some magic rubber with the car pulling 1.4 lateral g-force I'm afraid we'll never know what they did with the car (NoS specific mods + engine "upgrade") before this magic lap
I guess they have been so much focussed on the 7:30 thing that the engineers would have lost face without achieving it (no matter what kind of mods needed to achieve this).
Like said before: there is no available record of any customer specced streetlegal supercar achieving such crazy speed at the braking point before Schwedenkreuz (no CGT, no Zonda - no nada).
Though I doubt that this stunt will have significant influence on the commercial success of the car. It's good for some heated talk amongst bar stool racers while having a beer - at the end of the day buyers must be convinced of the entire package under real world circumstances. I hope that none of the GT-R buyers will show up at NoS trying to imitate the lap shown by the graph