Quote:
KresoF1 said:
According to German magazines like AMS, Sport Auto, Auto Zeitung and Auto Bild Sportscar Edition R8 is faster then 997S on Hockenheim, Nurburgring GP track and Oschersleben(all times by R8 were achieved with normal Pirelli P Zero tires). So, either are all German journalists total morons or you are simply said wrong...
UK's EVO results on Bedford speaks for itself...
Italian Quattroroute results very pretty similar as well(R8 faster), driver was Alain Prost...

So, you are total die hard 997 fan? OK. BUT, then you are on the wrong forum, rennteam is NOT for total die hard fans of any model or brand.

Thanks, Kreso.

The reason this whole thread started was the comment re the 997C2S/C4S "SMOKING" the R8! SMOKED means OBLITERATED. Bad choice of words in my opinion. There may be a tenth of a sec in it, either way. My experience tells me I'm marginally quicker on the Track and Street with my R-Tronic.

They're both capabale vehicles, BUT, let's just refrain from using ridiculous illogical statements.

Do we seriously think Audi developed the R8 without a performance benchmark like the C2S/C4S?? Let's not be silly.

Besides, I believe the R8 is the first of many variants, designed to tackle other leaders in other segments. Time will tell... Let the game of "Leapfrog" begin!