Larry,

Neither Champion or GMG uses Bilstein Coilovers! To my surprise, they both elect to replace only the springs of the stock coilovers (For those not familiar w/ terms, coilovers comprise of a spring and damper, you could upgrade the whole coilover, or just the spring.). Champion uses H&R spring; GMG sends a stock damper to Eibach and have Eibach custom made a spring to match the damper, with specific spring rates that they ain't telling.

In fact one person at Champion told me in their specific car setup, they find the H$R lowering spring to result in "better grip" than the Bilstein coilover. Whether he said that because I posed a question specifically "challenging" their choice, I don't know.

I have some thoughts on PASM that I will post tomorrow. I have doubts about PASM as currently implemented, particularly the Firm setting.

Quote:
Over the Hill said:
Can,

If GMG is using Bilstein PSS10's as the basis for their suspension modification, is it compatible with PSM and PASM?

Reading about PSM (page 77 - 79) and PASM (page 80)in the manual makes me think it wouldn't be in all aspects the systems offer.

Damptronics are designed to be totally compatible with the PSM and PASM systems, which I'm sure we paid a hefty price for. PSS10's by Bilstein's own admission are not compatible with PASM, so unless GMG does some additional hocus pocus, I believe you would give up an important feature of your suspension.

Larry