I would be interested to know how Porsche lovers would react to this? Porsche has just announced its specification for its facelift 911 S. The car will have 480 bhp, will take just 3.5 seconds to reach 60 and will go on to reach a top speed of 193. To reward its customers Porsche have reduced its price to Pounds53K but due to the engine being hand built supply will be restricted to an exclusive 500 units a year. To offset this Porsche has announced that at no cost all owners will have their cars personally collected from and delivered back to a location of your choice when the vehicle is in for servicing. Competitors of Porsche have reacted by saying, "this performance cannot be true and by the way the car is ugly)

I really wish my 911S was going to get that level of performance next time around. And before we discuss electronics, I am really glad I have all the software gimmickry on my tail happy 911. What would we also say if the new PDK had launch control?

You have to really give it to Nissan; the fact that we are all talking about the GTR and that its order books are closed means that they have achieved their objectives.

As a Porsche owner what really worries me is when the respected Jason Plato (British Touring Car Champion and current 911 turbo owner) provides such a compelling report on the British TV program "5th Gear" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN3zx8Y4pNM

Whilst the looks are subjective the cars performance appears real enough.

Right now i still feel comfortable in my 911. Quite how i will feel when a GTR pulls up besides me before leaving me in the dust is yet to be determined. I suspect it will be hard to bear, especially when i have paid 20K more the Privilege of being a small dot in someones rear view mirror.