Quote:
nberry said:
Quote:
Grant said:
Quote:
nberry said:
They did this on standard tires? If i recall I was excoriated by most if not all this board when I claimed that tires would not make the difference you all claimed. What is your position now?

My understanding is the the Bridgestone tires on the GT-R were a priniciple part of its development and hundreds of compounds and tread patterns were tested before selecting the final version. It's not a simple off-the-shelf tire. It's a VERY high performance tire with a short lifespan (soft tread), although they are runflats...

Grant correct me if I am wrong but did not the GT2 have special tires developed for it as well as the CGT, and 599?

Nevertheless, the 7.29 is somewhat hard to believe. It has never been clear to me as to whether these Ring times are from a stopped start or running start. Or do different manufacturers use different approaches?

Nick,
If true(I personally do not belive it) 7.29min means that all other sportscar manufactures are not on the Nissan level...

BUT, look at recent big GT-R test at UK's EVO mag. They measured it on drag(against Z06) and on the Bedford track.
Test results are more then interesting... In acceleration GT-R did not beat Z06 on high speed runs. On Bedford track it achieved just 0.5s faster time then Audi R8! In fact its time is within of 0.1s of Gallardo SL time... So, it Godzilla is just 0.5s faster on Bedford then R8 how is it possible that it is more then 30s faster on the Ring? I know, I know Ring is different track just, something is wrong here. Big time wrong...

Look at situation with Gallardo SL. Same time on Bedford as GT-R just on the Ring GT-R is almost 20s faster...