Quote:
FixedWing said:
Quote:
watt said:
all the data i have so far shew CS brakes doing well in heavy track use. the way to find out: stephen buy one!!!

Am I really unqualified to post anything about the Ferrari unless I own and drive one? Must I jump off a cliff before I am allowed to declare that it hurts when you land??

With due respect Watt, I was clear as to the nature of the information I provided. I labelled that which was second-hand as second-hand and I was clear that my observations of one of the Stradale Challenge cars was of a car that I did not own. But the fact that they weren't firsthand impressions or that I wasn't the owner of the car who's brakes I was inspecting, does that mean that the information is without value and that I am not entitled to post??

I think I'm going to keep on doing what I have been doing al along which is to add to the conversation where I can and try to be very exacting with the information I bring to the table.

I think that policy has been proved out on the PCCB issue where I was one of the very first to publicly raise the alarm. I think that my comments turned out to be quite a service to the Porsche community. Many people saved lots of money and aggravation by not buying PCCB's for their particular intended use based upon the information I provided. PAG and its affiliates (including your personal "Deep Throat" within PCNA) were ultimately shown to have been providing misinformation. What I said made a difference. I'm proud of that.

Stephen

Seems that P is really pushing the new & improved PCCB hard...now standard on 996TTS and on 997S launch cars. Has anyone heard P's claims on what makes PCCB 2.0 better than ever? Are PCCBs fully warranty-covered for non-track use....or are owners potentially facing some $15-20K replacement bills, where failed/worn PCCBs are viewed as normal wear and tear by P?