Gnil:
m4ever:

Back to GT2 RS: I had the chance to have few laps in a GT2 RS with Lars Kern at the wheel. The car is amazing. I drove to the track with my .2 GT3 which afterwards felt like a 356. The torque and acceleration of the GT2 RS are (at least for me) outrageous and was more emotionally hit by the GT2 than from the 991 Cup car (which I also had few laps in). The sound: you need to hear it in real , it is like a subwoofer has been hidden in the car, very unusual and menacing with a  deep tone, wonderful, different from any other Porsche , actually reminds me a bit the GT1 . Nothing to do with the 991 Turbo.  Now I am seriously in love with the GT2 RS.  Lars Kern is a great guy not only skilled but a genuine human being. All in all a memorable day.

Who's is Lars Kern SmileySmiley

Last week I was at Paul Richard, doing some laps in my car . It was the Swiss Porsche cup race week end and there were 3 GT2 RS  doing laps . As you say, the sound is incredible , like a deep menacing V8 when they passed full speed on the straight . Also, each time it came up in my rear mirror, I could only move aside and see the rocket fly by.

I also had the chance to do a few laps in a Cup car as passenger . The engine was not impressive at all, not more then in my Gt3 , did not feel any pull.... but what was impressive is the grip,  speed and acceleration possibilities in curves and all the mechanical sounds 

You have never been in a Cup car?

The best sound of the Cup car is from the outside. The downshift bark is sooooo sexy. but then again every sound made by a Cup car is sexy, the gearbox whine, the revs, etc. Even the start up.

--