Guest:
RC:
the-missile:

the GT3 - 992 series is a 2020 product.

next year, they will go with speedster and the 3RS.

This is why I said there will be a n/a GT engine in 2019 but I wouldn't be too sure about 2020 (992). There are challenges... Smiley

I talked to Walliser two months ago in Long Beach and he indicated that the 992 GT3 would be NA.

I fly to Le Mans tonight and hope to bend his ear again this weekend about the same topic.

There is a lot going on at VW Group (incl. Porsche) right now, so whatever someone said yesterday, it could already be obsolete a day later. 

Porsche will do whatever it takes to keep the n/a engines in the GT models alive but at a certain point, it won't be possible anymore, at least not at the power and sound levels customers expect and levels keeping the cars competitive with the competition. Hybridization will be an issue as well since it makes the cars heavier.

Interesting times ahead... 

Lighter materials? Dream on. EU laws demand strict crash and pedestrians protections, making the cars lighter would involve much higher cost. I doubt it is going to happen.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)