intouch1:

but in the same time seeing a Porsche on every corner speaks for the quality of the cars. secondly as Porsches are actually driven, they are widely available as used cars and therefore driven by even more people.

many Porsche owners can afford exotics, but shy away due to their flashiness. so Porsche is a good compromise between having a sports car and not wanting to flash it.

but as said above, it has made Porsche les exclusive.

Very true. My GT500 is a beast, lots of fun to drive but I am horrified by every little problem because my next (trustable) mechanic is 200 km away. Also, I am afraid of possible cost (maintenance/repairs) because I don't have a clue about future cost. 

One reason I am thinking to finally get that R8 V10 Plus I always wanted, found a pretty attractive car (basically new but for almost half the money of a new one) and I'm negotiating the details with the dealership but they need to take my GT500 in, which is (of course, it is a US car) a serious problem in Germany. I could sell it privately but this is not really easy (most private buyers are not serious, want just to take a test-drive or to negotiate you down seriously on the price, etc.).

If I ever get a weekend toy again, it will be a German car. Even took my heart off the Huracan because of the above mentioned issues. No time (or nerves) to take care of issues...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)