Quote:
Italo said:
Quote:
reginos said:
There are 3 issues here.
1. Does Porsche have the ability to build a GT-R type of car? The answer should be Yes IMO.
2. At what cost? The cost and hence selling price will be even higher than GT2's and therefore the disparity will be even greater and still the Price to Performance ratio will declare the GT-R the winner. So the effort will be in vain, besides an ego boost in Weissach. How Nissan do it so cheap? There are many guesses from subsidisation and hidden costs to economies of scale to unscrupulous profit margins by Porsche.
3. Do Porsche want to do a GT-R beater as a matter of priority? I don't think they care too much for now at least so as to devote engineering time and talent on a project like this, when they have their hands full with other more profitable things. Porsche's thinking is that the GT-R will come and go like many other Porsche beaters before it. It might steal some sales but that's life you win some you lose some. In 6 months time the magazines and internet boards will focus on other more recent things. How many care to read about the R8 for example, now? It was the car du jour some months ago.

I partially disagree with you, Porsche could afford to build a car as fast as the GT-R and sell it at the same price. The amount a 911 is sold is 70% abouve the price it cost Porsche to build the car that's why they are the highest profit making car manufacturers

Exactly, that was one of possible reasons I gave for price disparity:"unscrupulous profit margins by Porsche".