Porsche is a status symbol, something Nissan will never obtain, no matter how great the car. Look at the Z06, great car, amazing history, record holding wins at Lemans in GT1, wins dating back to 1952...but if you take the totally unkowing person and point to a Z06 and a standard 911 Cab, which do you think they will say is probably quicker, nicer looking and more desireable.

I think cars like the GT-R and Z06 and others who follow, have created a new category of their own, not necessarily competing with Porsche, Ferrari and the likes (not in Beverly Hills parking lots at least). They are for the price conscious purest, who put performance first above all else. I don't think the average Porche owner will ever consider anything else as their prime drive, and most likely (outside the dedicated members of this forum), don't even know the GTR exists, and have "maybe" heard of a Z06, but can't tell it apart from a standard Corvette.

You may see one of these cars in their stable, but not replacing a P/F car. But hey, if I had $200k to buy a car, I wouldn't even remember how to spell Corvette, and I am more dedicated to my brand than many P enthusiasts.