Hi Moogle, find the time - SA is a great place to visit and a nice break from a NY winter. Not much of interest in Johannesburg (unless you're on business) but Cape Town and all along the South and Eastern coastline is truly spectacular. Jan/Feb is the best time although anytime in the summer is good. And do the Bloukrans Bungee jump near Plettenberg Bay - it's the highest in the world!

Regarding that CGT, I'm not sure what the story is - seems like a lot of money to be sitting on the floor with no chance of a sale. What they told me is that the car was ordered and has actually been purchased by a customer who is now trying to figure out a way to register the thing for use on the road. And until that happens, customs apparently will not release the car to him, so it's in bond at the dealer. Not sure how he plans to register an illegal car, but in Africa that palm grease can do wonders I guess. Anyway, it's been sitting at the dealer for a few weeks now which is fine by me - I enjoy going down there occasionally and just looking at the thing. It's magnificent to behold - the engine bay in particular is a wonderland of carbon and alloy. Guess I should take a camera down there before it disappears.

I see you have an M3 SMG. I did a BMW day at Kyalami a few weeks back. We had access to some regular M3 SMGs, and also some CSLs. The idea was to do a few laps in each car back-to-back to compare the regular vs the CSL. We had instructors and you can imagine it was a very fun day. Interesting to see how good the M3 is on the track, and then how much better the CSL is. But the CSL's price is no joke.