reginos:

What you say is very plausible.

OTOH I've checked the official Porsche Germany website for used 991 Turbos and the vast majority have much higher yearly average mileages compared to the other high end cars. I presume that used cars sold outside the official Porsche network would have even higher mileages. I used to live for a period of time near the Ferrari importer in the UK and I've never seen a used Ferrari with more than 10.000 miles.

This could mean a number of positive things like:

• The Turbo is a very usable all year round all purpose car,
  • Owners consider them strong and reliable and hence they are not afraid to use them
  • The car is so sufficient and pleasing that ownership of multiple cars is rendered pointless.

You have to keep in mind how quickly the cars reach certain price points and that 911s have historically been waaaay less than Ferraris. The new $200K+ 911 Turbo is a recent thing.

When high-end cars depreciate, then simply find themselves in the hands of less wealthy people who will want/need to use them more. This happens with 911 Turbos quicker, at least historically, since $100K depreciation on a $300K Ferrari is still $200K.

Turbos reach the hands of mere mortals much quicker. It could take 10 years before a Ferrari gets "cheap". A 2008 F430 is still probably like $120K in the US. A 2008 Turbo is probably $60K.