alexalex88:

Stupid move from Porsche positioning the Panamera in the grand saloons class. It hasn't the tradition, the perception nor the presence of a car like these. Why the Cayenne is rivaling against RRS and not its bigger brother then? Why the Cayenne is positioned as the most capable SUV "on-road" miles ahead of its inmediate persecutor then?

Porsche could have done a brilliant product with a shorter wheelbase. They have the brand heritage performance-wise, the know-how, the engineering, the estate body, everything to be a huge sucess in the executive segment. They prefered to dilute their powerful image in a territory where they have very little to do. Big mistake.

In the meantime the three germans occupied Panamera's natural position. And for Porsche is gonna be difficult to step back and "downgrade" Panamera's category... let's see how it goes with the Mission-E.

Tbh I don't know how the sales are going but I see very little new Panamera out there.

x2 My thoughts, if I would want an performance sedan I would look for the most capable one with enough comfort to be a DD, enough room in the back but the Panamera is bigger than the M5/E63 but doesn't seem to be a competitor to the 7 series/ S-class comfort wise and offering enough space in the back.

Now that Bentley uses the Panamera platform, they have the Continental GT as an modern "928", and the upcoming Flying Spur can be a real competitor to the S-class, that leaves room for Porsche to build the Panamera as an 5-series/E-class competitor...